WELCOME TO THE AMI CAREER CENTER
If you want to work for a company you can grow with, consider Alexander Metals Inc. You’ll enjoy building a career with a locally-owned company that specializes in multiple architectural building envelope products and offers long-term employment opportunities with plenty of room for advancement!
We Want YOU!
Alexander Metals Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for positions in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Nashville, Tennessee.
We offer a highly competitive pay package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short/long-term disability insurance, vacation, holiday pay, and a 401(k) savings plan.
Alexander Metals Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Click on the job titles below for details about current openings, including job duties, required qualifications, and more!
The Glazier Superintendent will oversee the installation of aluminum storefront, curtain walls or windows on job sites in the Nashville area in accordance with the established policies, procedures and practices of Alexander Metals, Inc. He or she will manage projects from start to finish, including filling out jobsite paperwork and attending jobsite foremen’s meetings. Work hours are 6:30 am – 3:00 pm Monday through Friday. NO OVERNIGHT TRAVEL REQUIRED!
Type of Work:
- Installation of various storefront, curtain wall (unitized and stick built) systems, architectural glass, translucent wall and skylights, composite metal panels and various types of steel flat and profile wall panels
- 5-10 years of experience running large projects ($2-5MM), multi-story buildings (5+ stories), and running 10–15-man crews.
- Be able to read blueprints, architectural and shop drawings and perform basic layout functions
- Possess basic hand tools
- Must be 10-hour OSHA certified
- Be certified/trained to operate lull, scissor lift, and articulating lifts
- Understanding of architectural metal panels, which is about 30% of business
- Familiarity with the glass industry
- Experience with and/or ability to operate material handling equipment
- Must be capable of repetitive lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, reaching outward and overhead, unloading, climbing stairs, working from ladders, working from platform lifts and aerial booms
- Use of small power/hand tools, lift equipment – pushing/pulling exerting pressure, grasping/squeezing wrist flexion/extension of reach
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and E-Verify
*Necessary training will be provided for knowledge of products and help with developing skill levels.
ADA – Alexander Metals, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Alexander Metals, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Alexander Metals, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
Refer Your Family & Friends. Earn Cash!
If you’re currently working for Alexander Metals Inc., there’s a new way to make some extra money. It’s called the Employee Referral Awards Program.